RdeL Young nail polishes 10 and 13 | review, style and season advice

January 24, 2016

RdeLnailpolishes
Good day! As I wrote last week, I had this nail polish dump-out which resulted in me having only 10 nail polishes left, no reds, no nice neutrals, not even speaking of any mattes. I managed to pick up 2 new shades from Rival de Loop Young cosmetics (which supposedly are cruelty free) and today I am showing these two off as well as writing my first impressions about them, which seasonal types I recommend the polishes to and style advice for using these.
rdel10and13
As hard as it is to find their exact shade names, I found the numbers on the bottoms of the bottles. The shade 10 is a matte one and the dark berry red one is 13. I chose the bottles, because the red one seemed to be a nice cool toned darker red than the usual ones and the grey polish spoke with me at the first glance and I have absolutely nothing like these two in my poor collection.


Important information: I am using these on clear gel nails. NOT gelish or gel polish - gel nails with added nail tips for length done professionally.
First impressions: incredibly impressed with how good the brush is, the consistency and how exact the colors are or nails as they are in the bottle.
13 berry red: gives a nice shade with one coat, but can be streaky in some parts unless well coated at first try. Two coats give a stunning dark red wine/berry red color. Do not take an extra long time to dry off on gels. Wears perfectly fine for three days straight with no chipping, color fade or any faults. This can probably last up to 5 days, but I have not worn it for that long. Going on my fourth day - so far so good.
10 grey matt: one coat dries to be a very light soft beige matte that is barely there, but gives a nice effect. When applying the second coat, after done with the second hand, the first one has dried, so does not take incredibly long time. Two coats give exactly the same color the bottle shows. Lasts well with no chipping, breakage, faults for 4 days straight, have not worn it for longer.
redlnailpolishbrushrdelnailpolishbrush2
The brushes are identical, wide and incredibly easy to work with.  I have trained my hands by now, but these brushes eliminate any excess staining on the cuticles. 10+ for the brush!


As you can see, the colors on nails are exactly the same as they are in the bottles.
Cons: requires two coats for perfect results.
Pros: cheap, looks amazing.
Seasonal types: 10 - I would say that absolutely every seasonal type can pull off the grey shade! 13 - And when it comes to the berry red, I recommend using this to the cold toned seasons - summer and winter. Especially gorgeous for contrasting summer. Winters with darker style preference will look stunning with this on their nails.
Style advice: 10 - if you are a summer seasonal type, pair this with florals or pastels in your outfits as this will compliment the overall look and not take the attention away from the outfit. In general a great shade for office workers as this does not attract unwanted attention to your hands. You can not go wrong with this color. 13 - great choice for grunge style lovers or as a statement piece for minimal style. Having minimal makeup looks or no makeup-makeup will be an advantage. This will be a gorgeous evening event nail polish as well.
Please note that when I write about seasonal types, I mean the cool/warm seasonal types in clothes, colors ans shades for different undertone people. Summer and Winter are the cool toned ones; Fall/Autumn and Spring are the warm toned ones.
Would I repurchase this and do I recommend it: absolutely yes. I think I payed around 2 euros for one bottle or even less which makes this an absolute steal whilst also being cruelty free as far as I know.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All about my purple hair! | VIDEO

Instagram